Monday, September 24, 2012

Finger painting!

So this is a project that the monkey and I did a few months ago. We joined the hubby in South Dakota in April and I swear it rained all of April and May. Like literally rained almost EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! Not only was i going crazy from being stuck in the house I was going crazy trying to keep the little monkey from climbing the walls, the chairs, and anything else she could get her little fingers on. So I crusied on over the Pintrest and found this. Finger painting sounded fun so I grabbed a three pack of canvases and some Crayola washable finger paints.

[Paints[4].jpg]

 (If you prefer to make your own head over here to Easie Peasie to find out how to make your own.) I totally recommend it because monkey tried to eat the paint and even though it is non-toxic I really don't want her eating it.

Supplies Needed:

canvas
newspaper or something to put on the floor
painter's tape
finger paint (store bought or homemade)
paper plate

So supplies in hand I endeavored on our first ever craft project and other then her attempting to eat the pain it went well.



I started by taping some old newspapers to the kitchen floor, squeezed out some paint onto a plate (note to self: use paper next time, to hard to clean), and taped off a word on the canvas using painter's tape and we where ready to roll.

It may have taken her a minute to get used to the idea of painting but once she figured it out, it was full steam ahead! (note her trying to eat the paint on the left) Monkey even tried painting with her feet!

And here's the end result....


The plan is to let her paint Faith and Love, buy some inexpensive frames and hang them in her room. I also will not give her all four colors next time because this one turned out more brown then anything else. Not so cute for a little girl's room. Oh well, you live and learn right?

No comments:

Post a Comment