Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Me?

                                    twnn.org
Happy New Year! ( I know, I know I have been totally MIA for a bit and it's no longer new years but oh well)

Have you ever thought about resolutions? I never used to think about them, but I would always make them and usually by February they where kaput. This year however I began to question why; why do we make them? why do they matter? and why is January 1 somehow different from December 31? Does anything really change in that magical moment between the two dates?

The truth is that nothing really changes, there is not magic switch that flips making it possible for you to finally achieve all the goals that have somehow eluded you in the years past. If you want to really make a change, a new start, even a new you don't wait for some arbitrary date just do it!

This year I am not making promises that I know I can't keep, but I am going to focus on working towards a goal, something long term that I know I will have to keep working on. This year i am working towards being a happier, healthier me. I know that this is not an easy task but I feel like I have made good progress in 2012 and I am excited to see what I can achieve in 2013.

What are your goals? How are you going to work towards them?

No comments:

Post a Comment